Sponsors the Arts ALL YEAR LONG!
Since 1968, we have presented a Summer Series of concerts and events for our visitors and locals to enjoy. In 2018 we enjoyed…
- Art Receptions at the Lakeside Contemporary Art Gallery,
- Live community theater including “Annie”, DIVA and an original play: “Self Storage”,
- Classical Concerts with the Westerhoff Family Foundation Artists, Tim & Sara Macek & Friends and the Youth Ensemble of New England,
- Film Festivals: the Maine International FF and the Maine Outdoor FF,
- Three concerts with the Rangeley Community Chorus.
RFA is passionate about arts education. This year, we provided funding for the following arts events which benefited the children of Rangeley Lakes Regional School and our entire region:
- We had our second year of CASA (Creative After-School Arts)- a FREE program for students grade 5-12.
- We awarded over $2,000 to assist local students with private music lessons and dance classes, and coordinated Annual Recitals.
- We offered two separate week-long Drama Camps for children ages 7-12 and 13-18 and Music Camp for age 8-18.
At RLRS, we provided over $4,000 to sponsor:
- Field trips to the Portland Stage Company and the Theater at Monmouth,
- The Theater at Monmouth performed Shakespeare in workshops for Middle and High School, and in the evening for our community,
- We sponsored RLRS Chorus students to attend the New England Music Festival,
- We awarded $1000. in a scholarship to a graduating senior from RLRS continuing in the arts. In addition, the Shirley Andersen Memorial Scholarship is available to qualified seniors pursuing further education in music.
These include: Art in August Show, the Street Dance, the DIVA Show, Walk to Bethlehem, and the Home Tour/Taste of Rangeley.
Since 1976, we have been presenting an annual musical theater production as well as other live community theater events. Our Community has recently enjoyed: Mamma Mia!, Death of a Salesman, Annie, Self-Storage: the contents of our lives, Guys and Dolls, Wedding Belles, The Addams Family, Why Do Fools Fall In Love?, Plaza Suite, Steel Magnolias, Annie Get Your Gun, The Wedding Singer, SHOUT! The Mod Musical, The Odd Couple, Anything Goes, Nunsense! and Arsenic and Old Lace.