What We Do?
Sponsors the Arts ALL YEAR LONG!
Since 1968, we have presented a Summer Series of concerts and events for our visitors and locals to enjoy. In 2016 we enjoyed…
- Japanese Drumming with Burlington Taiko,
- Ragtime with the Dam’RagScotta Band,
- Classical Concerts with the Westerhoff Family, Foundation Artists, Tim & Sara Macek & Friends and the Youth Ensemble of New England,
- Folk / American Music with Lula Wiles, Roosevelt Dime and Ghost of Paul Revere,
- two concerts with the Rangeley Community Chorus.
RFA is passionate about arts education. This year, we provided funding for the following arts events which benefited the children of Rangeley Lakes Regional School and our entire region:
- We awarded over $2,000 to assist local students with private music lessons and dance classes, and coordinated Annual Recitals.
- We offered two separate week-long Drama Camps for children ages 7-12 and 13-18 and Music Camp for age 8-18.
At RLRS, we provided over $4,000 to sponsor:
- Field trips to the Portland Stage Company and the Theater at Monmouth,
- The Theater at Monmouth performance of “The Tempest” and workshops for Middle and High School,
- Old Grey Goose in a performance and dance workshop for the elementary students and an evening family event,
- We awarded $750. in a scholarship to a graduating senior from RLRS continuing in the arts. In addition, the Shirley Andersen Memorial Scholarship is available to qualified seniors pursuing further education in music.
These include: Art in August Show, the Street Dance, the DIVA Show, Walk to Bethlehem, and the Home Tour/Taste of Rangeley.
Since 1976, we have been presenting an annual musical theater production as well as other live community theater events. Our Community has recently enjoyed: The Addams Family, Why Do Fools Fall In Love?, Plaza Suite, Steel Magnolias, Annie Get Your Gun, The Wedding Singer, SHOUT! The Mod Musical, The Odd Couple, Anything Goes, Nunsense!, and Arsenic and Old Lace.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT TO MAKE ALL THIS POSSIBLE!